Torre Barbante is a 12th-century watchtower 15 km from Todi, located in a wide-open hilly position. It, therefore, enjoys a 360° view of the surrounding countryside. The property consists of the original tower, a country house that was later added, and 1 ha (2,47 ac) of land.
The building complex totals 406 m² (4.370 ft²) and is divided into two living units: the tower and the country house.
The tower has 8 rooms for a total of 76 m² (1.894 ft²) on four floors.
- On the ground floor, there are two large storage rooms and a canteen.
- On the first floor, there are two rooms.
- On the second floor, there is a large room.
- On the third and fourth floors, there are two more rooms.
The Country house is on three floors contains a total of 230 m² (2.475 ft²).
- On the ground floor, there are six rooms, all used as canteens and storage space.
- On the first floor, there is a kitchen, an access room, three bedrooms, and a bathroom.
- The second floor is essentially an attic with three rooms.
The terrain measures about 10.000 m ² (107.600 ft²) and includes a terraced garden, with a 50 m² (538 ft²) cave, a large lawn, and an olive grove.
Usage and destinations
Torre Barbante stands in an area rich with small villages and unspoiled nature. The buildings have the potential to be transformed into luxury residences, or divided into two or three independent units for tourist rental. This promising property is currently awaiting restoration.
- 4 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- 226 m2
- Year Built: 1200