Panicale’s Castle is a splendid residence dating back to the 15th century, located at 440 mt. s.l.m. (1.440 ft. a.s.l.). The residence of noble families, the building follows the curvature of the castle’s walls. It is characterized by a beautiful circular tower, an equally beautiful spurred rectangular tower, and a suggestive loggia with round arches. The imposing building stands out on the horizon and dominates the surrounding landscape. Its magnificent terraces offer stunning views of Lake Trasimeno and the splendid countryside on the border between Umbria and Tuscany.
The castle is on five floors, for a gross total of 1.380 sqm. (14.854 sqft.), equivalent to usable 945 sqm. (10.172 sqft.).
- On the ground floor (the old stables) there is ample space, mostly used for art exhibitions.
- The first floor is divided into two wings: the first houses a large reception room and various utility rooms, the second contains an apartment with a kitchen, two bedrooms, and a bathroom.
- On the second floor, there is the Master’s apartment: It contains a kitchen, a reception room, a wide living room with vaults and a fireplace, a Master’s ensuite bedroom, and an additional ensuite bedroom.
- On the third floor, there is a reception salon, a large living room with a fireplace, two bedrooms and bathrooms, the library, and various rooms used as archives.
- The round tower contains a wardrobe, a bathroom, and a mezzanine.
- On the rectangular tower’s lower floor there is a mezzanine with access to the panoramic terrace and the loggia.
- The fourth floor houses the attic: four large rooms completely restored.
Usage and destinations
The castle has been completely restored and equipped with an elevator. Today it is used with a threefold role: a historic residence and a place for the appreciation of science and music. It is suitable to be an important historical residence in a splendid village, considered one of the most beautiful in Italy and a pure example of Medieval Umbrian-Tuscan architecture. It is located on the border between Umbria and Tuscany, overlooking Lake Trasimeno and its promontories. It is well connected to the main roads and close to the main historic Umbria and Tuscan towns.
- 7 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 1.380 m2
- Year Built: 1400