L’archibugio is a charming country house in the Umbrian countryside. It is situated in a dominant position and enjoys a magnificent view of the surrounding hills, a fortress, and the majestic castle of Montegiove. This is an enchanted place where time seems to standstill. Here oak and olive groves, vineyards, pastures, and arable land blend in harmony with ancient dry stone walls and stone farmhouses.
The property contains an 18th-century impressive main building, a cottage, and a wide courtyard with a swimming pool, plus 13 ha (32,1 ac.) of land.
The main building is on two floors for a total of 400 sqm (4.306 sqft.) and it is divided into three independent units.
- The main unit is on two floors. On the ground floor, there is a hall, a spacious living room with a fireplace, a hallway, a bathroom, and a kitchen, and a dining room that leads onto the portico. On the first floor, there are three large ensuite double bedrooms.
- A second apartment is on the ground floor and contains a kitchen, a large living room, a bathroom with shower, and two double bedrooms, one of which is ensuite.
- A third apartment is on the first floor and it is reached by an external stairway. It contains a wide-open space kitchen cum living and two double ensuite bedrooms.
The building is surrounded by a large courtyard, where there are:
- A single floor cottage, containing a wide-open space kitchen cum living, a bedroom, and a bathroom, for a total 91 sqm. (980 sqft.).
- A swimming pool (10 x 5 mt. – 33 x 16,5 ft.) area where there are a solarium and a wood oven.
The property includes 13 ha of land divided into arable land, woodland, and a small olive grove.
Usage and destinations
L’Archibugio, currently used as a holiday home, is an ideal place for nature lovers. All around are centuries-old woods, meadows, and well-marked paths for excursions and walks. Apartments are very comfortable and particularly suitable for weekly rents.
- 7 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- 491 m2
- Year Built: 1700